Currently want to give you an update on the site maintenance.
As you know the site is restricted to currently enrolled students and there have been a lot of fixes on the backend of the site. What I have discovered is in January 2021 the site migrated from our old system to our new system and theme update. This caused a lot of old content and features to have disappeared and resulted in missing links, missing content (pictures and videos), along with profile issues and contact features. Forums is a great example. We had close to 10 forums all with content, assignments, user interactions, and uploaded urls and pictures from students. All of this apparently didn’t make it in the migrations and I nearly cried when I discovered this.
So far I have rebuilt the forums to a base to which it all can be rebuilt into our current and future lessons. YEAH! I have also repaired the comment sections which were being blocked by the system for some reason. There was a lot of SPAM in those comment sections and I have dealt with this and now only real registered students can comment. No more BOT SPAM!
Probably the most important feature that disappeared and caused the most issues is the contact form. This was a way to report directly with myself along with instructors. The old system we used apparently was not receiving the messages internally and not sending them to the sites contact emails. This is the main reason for the lack of communication about missing features and not being aware of students turning in assignments or asking questions. This has been fixed and we have resorted to only allowing messaging in the website. So you can only contact us through the contact form or direct messaging in the website. No more email contacting! This will result in a better way to get your answers resolved and address any underlying issues you may find. Or if you have questions you can ask them there.
Another feature that has gone missing is the submit assignment for each course. This will be dealt with very soon so that students can submit their assignments directly in the website.
Certificates are all missing! This one drives me crazy because one of our prior assistants who I worked closely with had put in many hours in designing these certificates and we spent a lot of time automating this process. I will definitely be dealing with this right away and hunting down the original designs and implementing them back into the automated system.
We currently have a bug in the friend request system and this needs to be hunted down and resolved.
I have also increased the security for the school website which prevents bots from creating accounts and spamming students.
We due have a GDRP system setup but currently this is not displaying properly and will be addressed very soon.
Once this laundry list is resolved I will personally be going through all the courses and placing new images and videos in locations where they are missing. This will hopefully bring all the courses up to date. I will be starting with the T1a course and then making my way through to T2a, T3a and so on.
Thank you all for your patience. Please feel free to contact me through the contact form and I will be more than happy to reply right away.
Thanks – John Ikuma