Dive into the world of professional molding and casting stop motion puppets with the “Puppet Molding & Casting Workshop”. This workshop is a pre-recorded video presentation and live Q&A focused on the process of making stop motion puppet body parts for use in a stop motion production. Workshop will be held on April 1st 2019 / Time: 12pm Pacific Time via Facebook Live!!! https://www.facebook.com/stopmotionuniversity/
(*Current pre-enrolled and enrolled Stop Motion University students & College/High School Students get a special discounted price / Students use the Contact page to receive the discount coupon – https://stopmotionuniversity.com/contact-us/)
What you will see:
- Explanation of properly designing a maquette for molding purposes.
- Materials explanation overview – Clay, Silicone Molding & Casting, Urethane Mold Making, Urethane Casting. Release Agents, Conflicts of materials, Release Agents, and Best practices.
- Registration Practices and Issues with armatures in the casting process.
- Step by Step video tutorial of the process of molding and casting of Stop Motion Puppets using Silicone, Expanding Foam, and Urethanes.
- Featuring BJB Enterprises molding & casting materials.
- Live Q&A with the artist (John Ikuma) and BJB Representatives
- Demonstration of the material in an animation environment. (Live Demonstration of the puppet being animated in front of the camera demonstrating the materials usability).
Length of Workshop: TBA
This one day event will allow you an opportunity to understand the process and materials in making a stop motion puppet using Molding and Casting techniques. The Live Q&A gives a unique opportunity to ask questions and get first hand information from both the artist and the manufacturer of the materials. Along with demonstrating techniques found exclusively in the production of Stop Motion Animation Puppets. Pre-Recorded Video Tutorial and Demonstration video will also be streamed along with Q&A broadcast.