In this class students will learn how to sculpt, mold, and cast with the intention of building a stop motion puppet. Many of these skills can be used to produce not just stop motion puppets but also props and set pieces for use in stop motion productions. This course is 100% online and will consist of 8 live lectures along with online course modules containing material information, instructions, and pre-recorded lecture and example videos.
Subjects covered will be:
- Tools of the Trade
- Sculpting with Clay and Epoxy
- Molding – Plaster Molds and Silicone Molds
- Casting – Liquid Latex, Foam Latex, Silicone, Plastics
- Preparing Armatures for Casting
- Refining and Finishing the Puppet
- Puppet Painting
- Air Brushing
- BONUS TOPIC – Wire Armature Construction!!! / Beginners Ball and Socket Construction!!!
Live Sessions held every Saturday for 8 weeks. (Saturdays at 12pm Central Time through ZOOM Invite)
Certificate Earned Upon Completion…